Grab some Malaysian Spice Blend, ginger, garlic, chilli, honey, soy sauce and chicken to make yourself something spicy and special! Serves 2 - 4.
- 2 onions, chopped into chunks
- 2 inches of ginger, grated
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 red chillies, cut length ways, seeded and sliced*
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Malaysian Curry blend*
- 1 teaspoon of light soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 chicken thighs, skin off, bone in
- 100ml of cider vinegar
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock (water in a pinch)
*adjust to your preference (start with less, and once chicken is cooked add to your preference)
Add some oil to a large pan and bring up to heat, add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook lightly until soft but not coloured, set aside
Add a little more oil to the pan then add the chicken, soya sauce and Malaysian Curry blend, stir and coat the chicken, add the honey and coat again.
Add the potatoes, water and cider vinegar, stir and simmer without a lid until the liquid has reduced by about half or to preferred consistency
Return the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes
Serve with rice, salad and flat bread. Hot and happy.
- February 25, 2016
- Steve Warren